Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid KUDK03CTSS0 Start/resume lights blinking  (Read 944 times)

Offline Daveosee

• VIP Member
KitchenAid KUDK03CTSS0 Start/resume lights blinking
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:39:35 AM »

KitchenAid KUDK03CTSS0 dishwasher will start wash cycle with no problem.  After an hour or so, it shuts off, then the Start/Resume light begins to blink.  It seems to not want to proceed to the dry cycle.  I hit cancel button and it drains, no problem.  I replaced the control panel recently also.

Any advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Offline HiLife

• VIP Member
Re: KitchenAid KUDK03CTSS0 Start/resume lights blinking
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 02:37:08 PM »

I am having this same issue!
I return to find the dishes are clean, but there's water in the drum and the start/resume button is blinking like the cycle was interrupted. 
When I hit cancel and close the door it seems to drain just fine.

I cleared my drain lines (which REALLY needed it) and checked for obstruction at ports, but the issue remains.  I thought maybe faulty drain pump - but it drains when prompted by the cancel button.
Then I thought perhaps a problem with heated dry cycle; but if that's the case it should still drain.

I'm stumped & don't want to troubleshoot by buying/replacing parts.

Curious:  I go through a couple of thermal fuses a year... do you as well?

Won't buy Kitchenaid/Whirlpool ever again.. SO many problems with dishwasher & refrigerator -finally just replaced K-aid microwave.

If anyone has resolved this or has suggestions on what to try.. please pass along!

Thank you

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 12:29:29 AM »
You might try disconnecting the wires to the vent assembly.  Upper left corner inside door.  If it will complete a cycle with this disconnected, then this is probably your problem.  Let us know how it works out for you, please.

Offline Daveosee

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 10:09:19 AM »
So, I'm happy to report that I (finally) solved this problem.  I first replaced the door latch, thinking it wasn't closing properly, but no change - still wouldn't advance past Wash cycle. I then replaced the control board - it worked! You can't imagine how happy I was when I started a wash cycle and watched it finally advance to the Dry cycle.  O0

I had replaced the thermal fuse once before, 2 years ago, but had nothing to do with this problem - I believe the drain got clogged and caused it to overheat.

Good luck!