Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE JVM1750SMC02 OTR microwave stopped heating  (Read 119 times)

Offline caddylover

• VIP Member
GE JVM1750SMC02 OTR microwave stopped heating
« on: February 28, 2021, 10:52:30 AM »

Just trying to do a diagnosis on whether its a capacitor or magnetron/diode.  I have 120v coming from my mother board and when i start the microwave the 120v stays as 120v and doesn't drop.  I have all functions such as light, turn table turns, appliance "hums" but i have no heat. 

Just trying to whittle things down before i either buy a new one, or try and salvage this old one.  Door switches were replaced about 2 years ago.  This unit has lasted 12 years and wife likes it and would prefer to keep if it's cheap enough to diagnose

TIA

Offline kjthb

• VIP Member
Re: GE JVM1750SMC02 OTR microwave stopped heating
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:11:20 PM »
I use a short extension cord and separate one of the wires so I can clamp it with an Amp meter to see how many amps it's pulling. It's it's low that most likely it's the magnetron. But it's easy to test a capacitor if you have the right multimeter, just make sure to discharge it first. Watch this video https://youtu.be/NkgxNLCrmr0
Make sure the step up transformer is also putting out the required volts with a multimeter as well.