Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Used Maytag Electric Dryer MDE17PDAYW1 + Coindrop  (Read 336 times)

Offline shemsu

• VIP Member
Used Maytag Electric Dryer MDE17PDAYW1 + Coindrop
« on: February 28, 2021, 01:08:23 AM »

Hi all,

I just bought a used MDE17PDAYW1 with a coin drop. It didn't come with a key for the access panel and I'm have trouble finding one online. Can you show me the way? Also, is there anything I should be ready for with these units? Should I buy replacement parts in advance, just in case?

Thanks!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Used Maytag Electric Dryer MDE17PDAYW1 + Coindrop
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 09:48:13 AM »
The key for the access panel is sometimes listed on E bay. I have on occasion used a grinder and ground off the part of the lock device sticking up above the cover. The key I have is marked LSDA on one side and LS6800 (hard to read it.)  after I get it open I never lock it .

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 09:10:31 AM »
The key code for coin lock is listed inside the coin drop case. I had to use a Electrical Flexible Camera to gain the code on the sticker on inside the coin drop case which I accessed through the timer access panel. Then I called the manufacturer of the Coin Drop (I think SDI in Fort Washington, Pa.) give them the code and they made me 2 new keys for under $50.

Or you can drill them out but defeating the purpose and spend $200.++ replacing them. FYI just my experience!

Offline shemsu

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 11:48:11 PM »
Excellent idea. Thank you!