Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: G.E. top load washer that won't rinse.  (Read 34 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
G.E. top load washer that won't rinse.
« on: February 22, 2021, 07:25:09 PM »

Hello everyone,  I looked at a G.E. top load washer today that won't rinse.  (according to the customer).  It is a Model No: WHRE5550K2WW about 11 years old.  I ran the washer through a regular cotton cycle and watched it.  Here is what happens.  The washer will fill with wash water and agitate.  Then it drains the wash water out and spins for a couple of minutes.  Here is where it get weird.  After it stops spinning and goes into the rinse cycle. the tub turns slowly and cold rinse water fills the tub for about 30 seconds.  Then the drain pump comes on to pump out the water and the washer will spin again for a few minutes.  This will repeat 3 times and then the washer will go into the final spin cycle and finish.  My question is that the customer says the washer always used to fill with rinse water and would agitate for a few minutes before this fill, drain and spin that it is now doing.  Do you think I might have a bad electronic control panel (wh12x10439) or is this the way this washer is suppose to work?  She says it always used to fill with rinse water but I looked at the owners manual and it did not say anything about the rinse cycle but it did say that this is a H. E. washer that uses less water but cleans just as good.  Any help you can give me would be great.  Thanks. Tom