Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Gas Burners fade to low, then turn off OR slowly recover to normalMy aging Kenmo  (Read 212 times)

Offline WhatsWrongWithIt

• VIP Member

My old Kenmore Elite Gas Stove 790.79013100 that I have used for many years recently has a problem with gas flow. 

This problem started after the stove was moved to a new position in the kitchen.  That involved the gas line being shortened, rerouted, and reconnected.

After being turn on any one of the four stove top burners, flame will burn normal for ~10 seconds then fade to low and sometimes turn off.  

If it does not turn off it then regains its normal flame within a few more seconds.

If it does turn off, and we turn the know back to "ignite", gas will return after a few seconds and ignite a new flame.

After any one burner has done this, the others will work fine too.

It’s only after they have all been left off for a while that the problem happens again.

Guess something wrong with the way the pipe was reconnected?
...or the moving of the machine disturbed it?
...or it's a coincident and the regulator is acting up?

Is this some simple cleaning fix or new part, or what?

thanks for your help!

:)

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
> This problem started after the stove was moved to a new position in the kitchen.  That involved the gas line being shortened, rerouted, and reconnected.

You might have contamination of some sort in the new line, that plugged up the regulator on the stove.

You can call the gas company first. They're usually free. If they check it and your gas pressure is OK on their end, you'll probably need a new regulator on the stove.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:44:47 PM by tcarmen »

Offline DaleCaskanette

• Technician
Sounds like you got some dirt in pipe when it was moved  I would replace regulator