Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung rs26tdrs fridge temp reading incorrectly  (Read 153 times)

Offline conceptvip

• VIP Member
Samsung rs26tdrs fridge temp reading incorrectly
« on: February 11, 2021, 07:34:09 PM »

I have a Samsung RS26TDRS and having a issue with the fridge side being warmer than the display temp/set temp. The fridge is set at 34F and the inside temp says 34F on the display but with multiple thermostats inside the fridge its actually 41-44f.  I already tried resetting, replacing the temp sensor, removing panel for evaporator to check for ice, and checking wiring at the board. The fridge gets nice and cold if you turn on "power cool" and will go below 30F inside. The fridge temp sensor is reading correct with 2.501v@43F and the ambient temp at 1.864@69F.

I have tried setting the temp compensation settings to 15 - 1 and 1 - 15 and don't see a change but I could be doing this wrong because I don't have a service manual to look at.

Thanks for the help!!

Offline BryanS

• Technician
  • Refrigeration specialty
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung rs26tdrs fridge temp reading incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 05:51:25 PM »
Are the doors closing properly? The door switchs control the fan coming on. You can use a magnet to close the door switches to verify airflow. I can't say I've ever had an issue with a Samsung to warm in the fresh food that wasn't related to drain issues they have causing the fan motors to ice up.