Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KSRA25CNSS00 Refrigerator too cold  (Read 237 times)

Offline taggs1959

• VIP Member
KSRA25CNSS00 Refrigerator too cold
« on: February 08, 2021, 03:43:22 PM »

So I have my refrigerator set to 40 degrees and the internal temp reads around 30 degrees.  I check and the damper is closed.  I can put my hand around the temp probe and the damper will open.  I can then put it in ice water and it will close.  I can increase the temp to 45 and the refrigerator will still stay around freezing. 

Offline BryanS

• Technician
  • Refrigeration specialty
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: KSRA25CNSS00 Refrigerator too cold
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 08:00:19 PM »
Is the whole side freezing or just the lower half? Could be an intermittent evaporator fan motor if it is just the bottom half. I can't see how it could be running to cold if the damper isn't opening unless air is leaking past.

Offline taggs1959

• VIP Member
Re: KSRA25CNSS00 Refrigerator too cold
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 06:18:48 AM »
Bryan,

This is a side by side - I have the temp set to 43 the top of the refrigerator is reading 35 degrees and the bottom is reading around 40.  Do you think it could be a faulty temp probe?   This unit is in my garage so not sure if that makes a difference. I am going to raise the temp to 45 to see if that makes a difference.