Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KitchenAid KUDS30IXBLA Dishwaher Not Filling With Enough Water  (Read 1317 times)

Offline navagator

• VIP Member
KitchenAid KUDS30IXBLA Dishwaher Not Filling With Enough Water
« on: February 06, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »

I have a KitchenAid KUDS30IXBLA that doesn't seem to be filling with enough water.  It's been making a chugging sound for quite some time and the dishes haven't been getting very clean.  I thought this might be due to the control board failing as it's been systematically failing for the last year or so and finally burn't up a few weeks ago.  I was lucky enough to find a new control board after much searching, they're very difficult to find.  Unfortunately installing the new board didn't fix this problem.  So, I decided to stick a camera inside the dishwasher and see what was going on.  What I found was that the washer arms were only spinning intermittently, thus the chugging sound. 

I've found that if I add a couple glasses of water to the tub the chugging sound quits and the spray arms rotate normally as they should.  So I assume it isn't filling up with enough water.  It fills just up to the heating element.

I checked the water inlet valve for water flow several times and the flow seemed fairly good, although it did slow down a little once for some reason.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Offline B run

• Technician
Re: KitchenAid KUDS30IXBLA Dishwaher Not Filling With Enough Water
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 09:19:06 AM »
You could possibly have a bad inlet valve. It could have sand or debris in the solenoid not allowing for the proper fill. Before changing that though make sure your supply valve under the sink that feeds the dishwasher is completely open and you have good pressure coming from that supply. Also make sure that the line is not pinched from that goes from the shut off valve under the sink to the inlet valve on the dishwasher.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: KitchenAid KUDS30IXBLA Dishwaher Not Filling With Enough Water
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 03:56:37 PM »
Remove the water valve and check the inlet side.
Most valves have a screen on the inlet which may be partially plugged,