Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Washer [GTWN5650F1WS] having issues with cycle not fully completing  (Read 176 times)

Offline omare14

• VIP Member

Was having issues with my washer not completing a cycle. It was working fine and then on one particular load it refused to fully finish. It kept leaving the basket full of water, or leaving the clothes soaking wet, or leaving a bunch of soap bubbles behind. No matter how many times we started the cycle again, it kept doing this. Starting a drain and spin cycle would result in some rumbling noises for the entire 15 min of the cycle and no draining or spinning.

We had an appliance repair person take a look, and he said it was the control board. I suspected this as well, based on the symptoms, and decided to save some money and replace the board myself (if I can work on cars and build computers I can replace a few plugs on a motherboard). Ran into some roadblocks choosing the "Model Number" of the control board, but eventually got it figured out. Everything worked fine for about a week, and then today it started doing pretty much the same things as before; left soap behind, left clothes soaking wet, etc.

I put it into service mode and looked for error codes, got E6 for Pressure Sensor, E2 for Drain Pump, and E1 for Thermistor. This is as far as I've gotten. I started a cycle on a small load and will see if it runs into issues, and will use the manual tests (drain pump check, spin check, etc) to see if I can narrow down any other issues. Any help is appreciated, thank you.