Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG bottom freezer fridge LFC22770ST/01 running but no cold.  (Read 245 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
LG bottom freezer fridge LFC22770ST/01 running but no cold.
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:06:06 AM »

This is an inverter type compressor only has 2 wires going to the compressor,has between 0 to 33 volts to the compressor.The compressor is vibrating,but all copper tubings are room temperature.There is only one evaporator.
I have 2 questions,how can this compressor start without a starting winding?why only 33 volts going to the compressor?
The rating of the compressor is 0-250volts;50-60hz.please help me understand this new design.

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: LG bottom freezer fridge LFC22770ST/01 running but no cold.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 04:10:26 PM »
Check your private messages inbox.

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 09:03:19 PM »
Is this the compressor that has a inverter box down next to the compressor and the compressor ends in LANE?
The LANE compressors you can test with a cheater cord be careful and put 120v AC directly from wall to the 2 pins on compressor and it will run but do not leave it like that for more than a few mins.
There was a updated part number for the inverter box last one I replaced so I think they updated something in the design. It came complete with the entire box and solved my problem of compressor not running.
If the mainboard is telling the inverter to turn on compressor but voltage is out of range then it is usually the inverter if the compressor runs when tested with a cheater cord.

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »
I checked and this is not the LANE compressor this model uses the LANA compressor and the inverter is built into the mainboard.
If compressor is bad which is probably the case it requires the newer Universal LG compressor and the software updated on the mainboard with the jig.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-compressor-set-assembly-tca38151706-ap6974024.html
https://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-sw-rewriter-assembly-cjt30000002-ap6889673.html

You might need a new mainboard also if the voltage is only 33 volts when you power up the fridge it should be much higher than that.