Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Washer MLE2000AYW broken/discontinued unbalance sensor  (Read 250 times)

Offline stelman69

• VIP Member
Maytag Washer MLE2000AYW broken/discontinued unbalance sensor
« on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »

I had a repair tech diagnose my washer as a problem with the series of 3 unbalance sensors being stuck in the open position, and therefore the washer is not spinning. Unfortunately, 1 of the 3 sensors (working on getting exact part number) is discontinued, so they say they can't repair the appliance. Does anyone know if there is any hope for repairing this? Is is potentially possible to bypass the one sensor completely? Find after market or salvage parts somewhere? Or am I just out of luck and have to buy new washer/dryer combo? Any guidance appreciated.

Offline stelman69

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Washer MLE2000AYW broken/discontinued unbalance sensor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
Part number WP22003302 is the discontinued unbalance switch. I used a jumper to bypass the switch and the spin cycle works now. Ordered a used part off ebay to replace. Hopefully that will work.

I found this youtube video helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3pV6Rp61gI