Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Thermostat control 216521100 (or alternative) for Frigidaire FFU20F9FW3 freezer  (Read 448 times)

Offline MSStateDawg

• VIP Member

Hi, all. New member and first post.

I have the Frigidaire FFU20F9FW3 upright freezer (21 yrs old) and have identified its recent breakdown due to bad thermostat control. I removed it and made a direct connection between the two leads and the compressor runs fine.

The thermostat (part 216521100) is no longer available from the first 30 or so parts dealers found via Google.

If I can get it to mount in a reasonably acceptable fashion in the freezer will pretty much any freezer thermostat control work as a replacement? Do you know of a universal freezer thermostat control I could use?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
If it was me personally Iíd just find a stat that the dial would fit and wrap the probe to match the originals mount and call it good. Itís a basic pass through circuit stat and might be a few degrees off but for a freezer who cares if itís -6 or 8, still will freeze.
🌲PNW Chris🌲

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Hello,  Most any freezer thermostat could work.  The problem comes down to mounting  the control, and the knob fitting the control.  You could solve both of these problems with a SUPCO product  SC1002.  It is replacement thermostat for a refrigerator or a freezer, and includes 3 ways to mount it.  Instructions are included.  I think you can get one on EBay for $25 to $30.

Offline kafer79

• VIP Member
Same experience with me for a Kenmore Upright Freezer manufacture June 2000.  Compressor stopped running but worked when I bridged the two terminals on the back of the thermostat. The original thermostat (216521100) can't be found. However I found that thermostat 5304513033 worked although the mounting tabs are different but can be bent to fit.

Offline houptee

• Technician