Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 - No Lights - No Start - FIXED FIXED!!  (Read 214 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal

Whirlpool Duet Model #WED9200SQ0 has no power to display - No lights - No Nothing. Had Power to Back Ground Block but Display will not light or Display is Blank - No Sound.

Pulled out my meter - had power going to Ground Block - Had Power going to Main Board - Had power going to Power Cube but no power out going to display. So I pulled both Board out and looked for burn on relay(s) or back of board - NON FOUND! Pulled out the Power Cube and decided to de-soldered the large Black Capacitor with the values of 250V 100mfd - pulled my digital meter out after desoldering the Capacitor off the board and found ZERO mfd on my meter. Ordered an OEM NICHICON 100UF 250-VOLT Capacitor for $1.85 on ebay and replaced it - but before doing so I tested the NEW Capacitor with meter and it tested as 99UF - So I re-soldered it in and BINGO ALL FIXED!!! Problem was bad Capacitor on Power Cube!!  FIXED FOR UNDER $2.00 !!!

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Duet WED9200SQ0 - No Lights - No Start - FIXED FIXED!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 11:45:01 PM »
Great job and thanks for the repair tip.