Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG lds5040 noise and not cleaning  (Read 783 times)

Offline ladedati1

• VIP Member
LG lds5040 noise and not cleaning
« on: January 20, 2021, 08:14:29 AM »

My dishwasher has been making noise of late and not cleaning well. Last night I took the filter off and cleaned it out. Has water flow. Put it back in and no change. I bypassed the door switch to watch what's going on. It fills fine and pumps the water down fine. When wash cycle starts it is loud and the bottom arms spray only about a foot high. Arms rotate about a quarter turn and stops. Then will repeat that every few seconds. Wondering could this just be the circ motor? Or do I need to get the whole motor and pump assembly which is like $225..

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: LG lds5040 noise and not cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 10:33:00 PM »
It's pretty common for small bits of glass to get into the main wash motor and cause trouble.  Only way to find that out is the take it all apart and look for debris.  I recently took apart a non-washing Thermador dishwasher and found the was impeller completely split in two.  I've had some bad motors on LG dishwashers due to bad bearings.  Yours is part number 4681ED1004B and should cost a little over $100.

Offline ladedati1

• VIP Member
Re: LG lds5040 noise and not cleaning
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 10:41:08 PM »
I took it apart and it's clear of debris. I think the motor is just junk. Thanks for the reply.