Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore electric dryer 110.6072010 with s/n 24225926  (Read 306 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Kenmore electric dryer 110.6072010 with s/n 24225926
« on: January 13, 2021, 07:53:39 AM »

I was given this dryer for possible repair as the previous owner said it was making a severe noise when rotating. It heats well but the blower wheel  is hitting the housing due to the motor bearing on the end next to the blower wheel being worn out.  As of yesterday I have not removed the motor but will do so today. I need help to identify the motor p/n for a replacement. As best I can determine this style of motor is also  not redily  available except possibly on E Bay. The motor bearing near the blower wheel is worn a lot and I am looking for advice as to whether I can source a new bearing set and if they can be replaced at all. Help !!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Kenmore electric dryer 110.6072010 with s/n 24225926
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
As a follow up to my earlier entry I took this unit apart again and modified the blower wheel slightly to add more clearance at the outer edges of the blades. This was done by carefully removing some of the outer edge plastic material  of each blade using a grinder. Hopefully the balance is not off too badly. I still hope to find a new motor one of these days. When I was preparing to put the blower wheel back in place I drilled a small hole in the center of the wheel   so as to allow me to squirt some Loctite in to secure it on to the threaded  motor shaft. The hole was then sealed up with some RTV to keep dirt out. After all the prep work was done the unit was plugged back in and started up and it runs very well with no noise.

Offline jimd2

• Technician
  • Wish the New stuff was like it was in the 80's
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 05:31:26 PM »
I would Never want you at my home repairing my appliances
Thats NOT the right way to go about it
If only they still sold the Direct Drive
Couplers were a gift from Whirlpool to Service Techs

Offline Pnwdad1981

• Technician
  • Professional appliance tech for over a decade
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 11:13:50 PM »
Usually what I do is take a propane torch and I melt the wheel so that it shrinks onto the shaft then mix up a batch of JB weld and stuff it in the square hole. If it vibrates just hit it with the torch and tweak it a bit.
🌲PNW Chris🌲