Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WTW57ESVW1 - no hot water  (Read 246 times)

Offline jharbin

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WTW57ESVW1 - no hot water
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:01:08 PM »

My WP washer WTW57ESVW1 will not provide hot water.  I set for normal wash and temp for hot.  All that comes out is cold.  I did my own troubleshooting.  I assumed it would be the water valve.  When turned on, the cold solenoid has 120V the hot does not.  I swapped the hot and cold electrical connectors and could get hot water so I believe the water valve is good.  I replaced the temperature control since I was not getting 120V on the hot solenoid.  No go, still ended up with no hot water.  I noticed that the water valve has a temp sensor built in.  Disconnected the wires and measured around 75k.  Swapped connections on water valve to get hot water and measured 35K on the sensor, so I think the thermal sensor is probably ok.  I set the machine for Bulky and hot.  The chart says it should be "HOT" when in Bulky mode so I don't think the temp sensor is used in that setting.  Still get cold water.  I'm beginning to think the machine thinks it's in RINSE mode (if even possible) since rinse would always be cold.  That points me at the timer but at $200 for that part I can't take that gamble.  Any advice you could give would be appreciated!  Thank you. 

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Whirlpool WTW57ESVW1 - no hot water
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 06:46:48 AM »
Replace this sensor it control the Water Temperature and Water Level.

WPW10248240

[size=1.75rem]Part Information

[/size]This load-sensing switch (part number WPW10248240) is for washers.Load-sensing switch WPW10248240 detects the water temperature and water level in the wash tub.Unplug the washer before installing this part. Wear work gloves to protect your hands.[/font][/color][/size]