Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire french-door refrigerator with lights that won't shut off  (Read 92 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hey everyone,  I'm working on a Frigidaire french-door refrigerator model no. LGHN2844MF, made in 2012 that the fresh-food lights won't shut off when the doors are closed.  I can not find any door switches.  I took off the top hinge covers and they are not there.  I assume they use a magnetic reed switch somewhere in the cabinet but I tried to trigger them with a magnet with no luck.  If anyone knows where they are hidden, please let me know.  If it's not the switch then I guess the main board relay may be stuck closed.  What do you think???  I didn't get into it too much yet as I thought I could unscrew the light bulbs not thinking that it may have LEDs (not sure) but the door alarm keeps blinking and beeping.  Please help if you can.  Thanks!