Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Front Load Washer Model: wf455argswr/aa Error Code: 3E  (Read 378 times)

Offline cliftonf

• VIP Member

I have an 8 year old Samsung Front Load Washer Model: wf455argswr/aa throwing Error Code: 3E

Basically, you start any cycle, it runs the drain pump, then locks the door, then there are 11 short bursts of water, then nothing for 5 minutes, then 11 more short bursts of water, then nothing for 5 minutes, then 11 short bursts of water, then it throws the 3E code.

So far I have replaced the hall sensor (DC31-0098A) and the PCB (DC92-010408) but the problem remains the same.

The wiring harness looks free from damage from the motor to the PCB.

The motor appears fine (no visible damage or anything) and ohms out at 11ohms on all 3 contacts and the drum spins freely.

What else could this issue be ?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung Front Load Washer Model: wf455argswr/aa Error Code: 3E
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 05:51:03 AM »
Open the washer door and lift up on the Stainless Steel Tub - Do you feel any give in the tub (sloppy play in the tub)?? Also open up the bottom filter - (Drain water out of tube 1st) pull filter out and inspect do you see any CHUNKS of gray metal or Plastic Beige in color SHAVINGS of Plastic in the drain screen? If so you have a bad rear support Spider bracket - very common on these machines to literally disintegrate and Rot Away. Also turn the drum tub do you hear any CLANGING or SCRAPING of Metal or Plastic?? Let us know what you find!

Offline cliftonf

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung Front Load Washer Model: wf455argswr/aa Error Code: 3E
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
Thanks Blaiser !

My tub spins freely and the only sound is the sound of the balancing bearings sliding around in their hydraulic fluid. (I've seen the youtube video on the spider bracket issue and it looks like possibly the biggest job you could ever have with one of these things)

Today, I finally found the tech sheet for this thing on line (https://www.manualowl.com/m/Samsung/WF455ARGSWR%2FAA/Manual/293916?page=4) and played around with clearing the EEPROM which I guess you are supposed to do when you replace the PCB. Then I played around with putting it in service mode and then tried to do the quick spin test where everything seemed to work except the spinning lol.

Next, I decided to check the resistance of the three motor wires at the PCB side and I didn't register any resistance which I thought was odd since it tested fine (11 ohms) at the motor the last time I worked on this thing, and when I inspected the wiring harness it had no visible damage or pinch spots etc.

So I once again hauled the thing out of its cubby and took the back off so I could test the wiring harness on both ends and I found that the motor and hall sensor wires were not connected! The last time I worked on this thing (before I ordered the PCB) I had experimented with swapping the original hall sensor back in and eventually switched back to the new one and it was the end of the day and I guess I forgot to reconnect the wires after bolting the motor back on.

After I reconnected the motor and hall sensor wires everything is working and the wife is happily doing laundry again!

So I guess the issue was the PCB board after all and I didn't just waste a bunch of $$ on it!