Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Coin type washer control repair instructions for Speed Queen washer  (Read 296 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

I have just acquired a Speed Queen  coin operated washer model SWT121WM that I purchased that needs repair since I was told it leaks water. In addition the coin type mechanism does not appear to work. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for repair info on the coin mechanism. If this cannot be repaired easily or economically is there any directions available on converting this type of control  to bypass or eliminate the coin type arrangement.  Any help would be really appreciated.

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Coin type washer control repair instructions for Speed Queen washer
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 11:52:27 AM »
The unit was dismantled to check for problems and leaks and none were found.  It was put back together and cleaned up for possible sale .  The internal parts of the wash basket were not removed as I found out that in order to get the top cover off and replace the seal and bearing  the timer must be removed to access 2 bolts underneath. That is not an easy job . I decided that I would leave as is since no problems were found. A cycle was run and the covers replaced.