Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: 79570332410 kenmore fridge by LG  (Read 203 times)

Offline sunghoonlee

• VIP Member
79570332410 kenmore fridge by LG
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »

French door fridge by LG.  Refrigerator is not cold.  Freezer work good.  Single evaporator system.  Removed the panel inside the freezer.  Fan works well with no frost build ups.  Air vent panel inside the fridge is normal - damper opens and closes.  If I leave the freezer door open with door switch closed, good draft is present at the top of the air vent panel.  As soon as I close the freezer door, the draft disappears.  There are two vent holes inside the fridge at the bottom each side.  Two vents are interconnected. When I pour hot water inside, the water just fills up, not going anywhere.  I had to siphon it out eventually.  There are no interconnect air exchange vent other than the fridge damper above the freezer fan motor.  This model has ice maker inside the fridge door.  So, it has two fan motors behind the freezer panel.   It does make ice and no unusual symptoms of any kind.  Everything is working except fridge is too warm because of the restricted air flow between freezer and fridge.  I thought of every possibilities that I can think of but I can't figure this one out.  The customer said she heard some noise for 15 minutes and the fridge stopped cooling.  This just does not make sense to me.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: 79570332410 kenmore fridge by LG
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »
Your return air vents are blocked.  I've had your exact problem on numerous LG built bottom-freezer refrigerators.  You were on the right track pouring hot water from the top down the vents but you weren't persistent enough.  The air duct goes to a small opening behind the freezer evaporator fan so you can have 12" of ice blockage.  You can unplug the refrigerator with the doors open for 48 hours OR use a hand-held steamer and it'll take 20-30 minutes.

Offline sunghoonlee

• VIP Member
Re: 79570332410 kenmore fridge by LG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 07:29:02 PM »
Thanks.  I really appreciate the insight.  I will get it next time.    8)