Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Replaced LG compressor with new Linear and freezer only gets to 11 degrees  (Read 414 times)

Offline jstafford

• VIP Member

Had compressor go bad in 4 year old Maytag fridge. Replace compressor with FLS075LANA and all running and cooling, but Freezer only drops to 11 degrees and appears to go into defrost mode about every two hours. Temps just go from 11 to 18 and then back down to 11. It stays around 11 for about 30 minutes before going back up again.

We installed the compressor, charged it, then performed the software update using the JIG.

When compressor is running the low pressure line is all frosted up on outside and the side of compressor is frosted. The high side is very hot and the coils are running 110 degrees.

Any thoughts of why it won't get to 0 degrees?

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Replaced LG compressor with new Linear and freezer only gets to 11 degrees
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 01:29:52 AM »
Is it a Maytag fridge made by LG?Defrosting every 2 hours seems old.You mention coil was 110 degrees F.What was the high side  and low side pressure reading?The suction side frosting up may mean too much refrigerant in the system.

Offline jstafford

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 09:27:56 AM »
Thank you for response. We vacuumed it down again, re-applied the software update, put exact amount of freon in, 4.75oz and it now works perfectly as it should. I think issue was the amount of freon.

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 09:35:09 PM »
> We installed the compressor, charged it, then performed the software update using the JIG.

AFAIK, LG never made any whirlpool machines. How did you update the software?

Does it actually run a defrost cycle every 2 hours or does it just stop running?