Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KFIS29PBMS00 freezer not cold enough  (Read 266 times)

Offline E033055

• VIP Member
KFIS29PBMS00 freezer not cold enough
« on: December 06, 2020, 11:38:01 AM »

Recently freezer temp went up to 30, ice maker forming tiny wet cubes, fridge not colder than 36.
I have run all of the diagnostics in the service manual and on the tech sheet. All passed.
I opened up freezer to find iced coil. I defrosted it. Checked resistance of bimetallic thermostat and heater - both OK. Fan is working. Put it back together but no change in FC and RC temps. I can feel the 3 way valve moving during diagnostic.
I donít have expertise or equipment to check sequential dual evap system.
I am at install new control board ($300) or have tech repair or buy new fridge. This one is 5 years old.
Any help from experts is greatly appreciated. This is beyond my smarts.
Thank you.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: KFIS29PBMS00 freezer not cold enough
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »
Freezer evaporator should have an even thin coating of frost on it when compressor is running and 3-way valve is shifted to freezer cooling.  How is yours?  If you only have partial frost on your evaporator, then you have a freon leak.