Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Coin Op Washer 110.82407130 No start  (Read 453 times)

Offline Chilejoe

• VIP Member
Kenmore Coin Op Washer 110.82407130 No start
« on: December 03, 2020, 11:35:07 AM »

My First post after searching entire forum for similar information to assist with my problem ...

Trying to get a newly acquired older Kenmore coin op machine running.  Wiring schematic  3348445 REV B on machine is so faded I can't read it.  Does anyone have a clear copy of the this wiring diagram and any technical support documents to trouble shoot this washer?

Have checked ... Power is getting to Machine, coin slider / drop fine, lid switch ok etc.  ... but still nothing at all.  Before I go poking inside the coin service box ... wanted some pointers / technical documents / wiring diagram to follow.

Appreciate any suggestions, links or documents so I can repair and maintain this older machine for year to come.

Thank You

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: Kenmore Coin Op Washer 110.82407130 No start
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 11:58:51 AM »
Not sure if it will help you any but if it has an access cover on the top of the control box open it using the key (hope you have one)and try to start the  machine and watch what happens to the control. The older coin type machines use a couple of ratchet wheels that activate a couple of microswitches to turn on the washer timer. One of theses might not be able to turn or if it does the microswitch might not be able to complete the circuit.

Offline Chilejoe

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 08:38:10 PM »
Great Advice ... I got this used without a service key but now I'm good.  I opened service door to reveal the clutch on timer.  I moved the ARM a few clicks and it fired right up.  Appears the slider extension was taken off ??? and never put back on ... All good now and appreciate the easy hint to just go hunt under service door. 
Will visit a local laundry mat service store and get a new slider extension and align.  Thanks again for the assistance 

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 09:05:26 AM »
I have some parts for a coin type operator. The item you mention may be one I have after taking the coin mechanism out. If you can describe it and/or provide a picture I may be able to send it to you. my e-mail address is as follows:  jaybird@mtco.com

Offline Chilejoe

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »
Thanks Thorning

Since the piece is missing I contacted three different appliance / Laundry supply house and got three different "It can be this part" ... thus have three extensions coming for this older Kenmore unit.  Let me past and see if one of these moves the timer correctly if not I'll just modify arm to trigger start.

You don't happen to have the the

LIT3348445 Wiring Diagram or LIT3976333 Tech Sheet  or LIT3955123 Repair Parts List for this machine ?

Thanks again for the offer on the extension .... Be safe

ChileJoe

Online Thorning

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 02:37:54 PM »
Attached I hope is a picture of the coin  mechanism out of the dryer. If you can use any of these parts I will send to you via mail for the cost of posstage.   Tom Horning    e- mail is jaybird@mtco.com

Offline Chilejoe

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 11:56:05 PM »
Thanks again ..

Looks like your timer trigger is on top and mine is on the side and lower than coin slider end.  Your extension will not work to trigger my timer.  Ill rereport back with my findings this week.

Chilejoe