Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Top Load Washer with psycho water levels  (Read 381 times)

Offline tonkyman

• Technician
GE Top Load Washer with psycho water levels
« on: December 01, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »

I have a call on a GE Model GTW460ASJ7WW top load washer. The customer complaint is low water, high water level and sometimes no water. I know the GE has water valve issues but this seems to me more like a pressure sensor/switch issue to me since the system is varying the amount of water and the cycle progresses as if it has water in it. I could not find a manual for it in the manuals repository so I look online at the parts breakdown. It appears the pressure sensor is part of the control board... is this correct? I know to check the water valve anyway and to check the tube for the pressure sensor for holes, loose connections and stuff like that. I assume that if the pressure sensor is bad you have to replace the control board. Is there any built-in diagnostics through the control board? Do any of you guys have a service manual for this machine? Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Tony T
Gum Pond Services

Offline rockinrobin

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Ransom Mobile Appliance Repair Service
Re: GE Top Load Washer with psycho water levels
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »
I saw a GE Service Bulletin (somewhere on this website) regarding issue with certain models that stated to use a tiny drill bit to drill a hole in outer tub (inside circular plastic piece) where the pressure tube connects.
Maybe someone else can locate it and upload the file.