Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag washer model LA112  (Read 125 times)

Online Thorning

• Technician
Maytag washer model LA112
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »

I was given the above model washer by the owner who said he was not sure if it worked or not. This unit is pretty old but appears to be able to run properly . The S/N is 201870XR and my guess is that it is at least 25 years old. The only problem I noted was the hot/cold water mixing valve was full of rust. Also the support bracket  for this mixing valve  was was rusted  to the point it was hanging on to a screw by a  little bit of rusted material. This bracket has a part number of 2-14812 as far as I can tell. I was able to put a newer mixing valve in place using the old bracket but it needs to be replaced if at all possible. My local dealer does not think it is available any longer and I am asking any other techs if they know where this bracket can be sourced. Any help would be appreciated.   FWIW I started  it and ran a cycle which it did properly.

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag washer model LA112
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 06:42:18 AM »
Does anyone have one of these old washer or parts in a scrap pile that could take this bracket off and sell it to me or measure it up so I could make one out of sheet metal ?