Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kscs25ftms01 sxs Kitchenaid frifge  (Read 196 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Kscs25ftms01 sxs Kitchenaid frifge
« on: November 10, 2020, 02:59:55 AM »

The freezer evaporator fan motor run sporadically. Needed to reboot the whole fridge to make the fan motor go.I found the control board just beside the inverter board. I can hear the buzzer going when the evaporator fans is running. Sometimes I found the condenser fan also stop briefly. I suspect the control board next to the inverter board is the problem. Retail price in Canada is $550.should I buy it? Also this fan goes for 15 seconds, stops for 1second, sometimes stops runs 2 seconds, cannot mak it stay on. It's very erratic.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Kscs25ftms01 sxs Kitchenaid frifge
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:21:36 AM »
Have to agree - Board controls the Fans - Pull the Board out and look for burn or BUBBLED Capacitors - if your handy unsolder the Capacitor(s) grab a good Meter that measures UF test and replace them - I think you will find the Capacitor(s) is/are the Issue (bad). Replace with same Value you should be good! Beats buying a new Board! I've saved many boards just by replacing/removing/testing capacitors that went bad. (You can buy a Real Nice Professional Re-Soldering Station on the net for under $100.) It will pay for itself in 1 saved board!

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 09:51:42 AM »
You have very good suggestions about checking capacitors. I did not know capacitors could cause the fan motor to intetmittenty run an stop. So The owner was desperate, I bought the expansive board, the fan is working now. Have to observe a few days. If it's still good, we will be laughing. This fan has been giving trouble for a few months. I will Chek the old board later. The symtom was it would run 15 seconds stop 1 second, run 15 seconds, stop for 1 second. Sometimes even the condenser fan stops half a second when the evaporator fan stops. Eventually the evaporator fan just permanently stop, but the condenser fan is still going. Sometimes, the evaporator fan would run for 2 seconds and stop for 1 second twice before running for 15 seconds.

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
Further to this observation, it seemed unplugging the fridge for 2 minutes, replugging it would make the fan run again, but it does not always work.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:23 PM »
Capacitors store energy and power - typically at start up just like a Washing Machine when it first starts - it needs a kick in the A.. to start. Capacitors get weak over time and are typically the issue when motors won't start - look for a leak on board or Bulge on top of the Capacitor(s). Good luck let me know what you find!

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
Blaiser, the said truth is computer boards need re booting often, which make them unreliable. Even this fridge needs re booting. It makes you feel it's working again, but only for a short time. That's why it drags on for a few months. I often thought there is something wrong with the microprocessor such as the Jazz board of the Maytag fridge which seemed to forget to count the running time and missed the defrosting. I will be there check the capacitors, but will be difficult to confirm because I won't be able to test it on the real fridge.