Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG Ice and water stopped then fridge quit cooling.  (Read 82 times)

Offline madwinger

• VIP Member
  • Master of Nada.
LG Ice and water stopped then fridge quit cooling.
« on: November 08, 2020, 12:46:51 AM »

LG LMX25984ST/00  ice and water stopped dispensing. Though it may be the door switch that turns it off when door is closed but I am out of town for a couple days. Wife called this morning and told me fridge quit cooling and freezing. lost a lot of food. This is a about a 10+ year old fridge. The last few years the touch display that lets one select between crushed and cubed ice and allows you to adjust temp and reset filter usage counter has been going out slowly till its not readable but everything still worked.

My questions is could it be this touch display board and or main control board, or any other suggestions before I go buy a new fridge.

Thanks for your help. I am handy but im not an appliance service tech. I just like going things my self if can. If not I will call a local tech.

Archie
Archie

Too cheap to pay some one else....until I need some one else!

Offline madwinger

• VIP Member
  • Master of Nada.
Re: LG Ice and water stopped then fridge quit cooling.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 01:30:46 AM »
Sorry.... don't see and edit button.....meant to say "I thought it may be the door switch...."
Archie

Too cheap to pay some one else....until I need some one else!