Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Series 100 washer will not sense the wash cycle  (Read 208 times)

Offline danielbal

• VIP Member
Kenmore Series 100 washer will not sense the wash cycle
« on: November 06, 2020, 10:07:25 PM »

When starting this washer the sensing light stays on till the water is full, instead of sensing for 10 seconds and then turning on the "wash" light.  It does not sense which wash cycle it is on or the water temp settings either, fills up warm no matter what you have it set at.  Once it fills, the wash light comes on and it goes through a generic wash cycle.  A repair guy came out and installed a new lid switch and main board, for about the same price as a new washer, and it still does the same thing.  He now claims that this is how it is supposed to work.
This machine is only two years old and I've been using it since new so I know he is wrong.  What could be causing this?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kenmore Series 100 washer will not sense the wash cycle
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 05:40:41 AM »
What is the model number of your washer?

Offline danielbal

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »
thanks for answering.  model number 110.20232710

Offline danielbal

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 11:57:11 PM »
Hi Dash, do you have any ideas?

Offline Dash

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
From what you describe, the electronic control board is likely bad.  Each cycle should have a significantly different wash time, temp, etc.  All FSP (Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Admiral, Kenmore) parts have a 1-year warranty so you should be able to get a new electronic control board from your serviceman.