Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE fridge down again  (Read 151 times)

Offline SixD9R

• VIP Member
GE fridge down again
« on: November 03, 2020, 08:16:47 PM »

Hello,

For the 2nd time now my 8 y/o GE fridge is not working.

Model PFSS5RKZSS.

The problem we first noticed is the LED lighting was very dim and then the ice maker and water dispenser stopped working but it was cooling. Next the thing died completely. This all took place over a day or so. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?

The real kicker is we are planning to do a major kitchen remodel next year and will buy all new appliances then but we are hoping this fridge will get us to that point

Thanks!

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: GE fridge down again
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 10:20:26 PM »
I suspect your main electronic control board part no. WR55X11098 may be at fault.  It is easy to change but you must follow the directions carefully when replacing it.  You may have to clip a wire.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 04:51:21 AM »
On this particular model check the condenser fan/evaporator fan - moisture builds and burns out the fan and in turn it burns out the Main Board. You must replace both of these in tandem!

Offline SixD9R

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies!