Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool/Maytag French Door Refrigerator Boards #W10213583  (Read 60 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Whirlpool/Maytag French Door Refrigerator Boards #W10213583
« on: November 03, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »

I've had a couple French Door Whirlpool Refrigerators along with Maytag French Door Refrigerators that I've seen the last couple months with the same problem(s) - No Cooling but Interior Lights and Front Display work but no cooling.

The Control Board mounted on the back of the Refrigerator IS the problem! I've literally fixed 4 or 5 of these just by replacing ALL the Capacitors on the Board, but I've run into a couple where the compressor will Run but the Front Display will NOT adjust - it just beeps and will illuminate but not allow you to adjust temperatures. I have a Professional Soldering Station and heat gun that I picked up that does a GREAT JOB Specifically for this reason (It has more than paid for itself after the very 1st Job) - all I had to do is de-solder the old capacitors and replace with same values and re-sold the new ones in with 90% Success. The 10% that do not work will not start Compressor or will not allow control over the temperature.

I'm looking for someone who has rebuilt the Boards like me but I'm missing a Component or Components that control the Display Temperature Controls. Does anyone know what other Diode/Varistor or IC Chip/Relay that needs to be changed out to get these Boards up and running again. I know I can send it in to Core Centrics to have it totally rebuilt for $100. but I know these parts are Minimal in costs.

Any Technicians or Electronic Guys mess with these like me to give me a little insight on what I've missed?