Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE GDT550HS1dss  (Read 184 times)

Offline bob villa

• VIP Member
GE GDT550HS1dss
« on: October 23, 2020, 10:11:39 PM »

Dishwasher does not dry, boost water temp or Sanitize.  Model GDT550HS1dss.  Called Choice Home Warranty that sent out tech.  Tech Called for diagnostic help with GE Appliance as Heater Tested Good.  Repairman said he ordered parts and he would be back after parts come in to repair.  The same day I get email saying that Choice Home Warranty is willing to replace the dishwasher.  I am thinking what in the heck.  So I call GE whom tell me the heater was good but a note says TCO bad.  But the phone GE Appliance Rep can't tell me what a TCO is.  I call GE Appliance Parts sales and they tell me they have no clue what a TCO is.  I called repairmen office and ask for a phone call back...no call.  My research indicates it may be the Flood Switch $33 after shipping.  You guys have any clue or advice?  //Also I looked and found Ultra Fine Screen on Flood Switch was filthy and I am surprised I got any water to the pump assembly.  Cleaned thoroughly and ran Manotowoc Ice Machine Nickel Safe cleaner twice through dishwasher.  Most Scale Buildup is removed.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: GE GDT550HS1dss
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 06:17:56 AM »
I don't think your dishwasher has a TCO (thermal cutout).  Quite often, your symptoms are caused by the flood switch WD21X10519 because it also contains a temp switch that may possibly be defective.  If flood switch doesn't fix your problem, then electronic control board WD21X22276 is the culprit.

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 07:05:12 AM »
I think your model number is incorrect.
I think it should be HSD1SS and not HS1DSS.

Look the correct model number up ( I used Sears parts) and it shows a thermal cut-off in the Body Parts section, Item 751.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 06:47:20 PM »
Bob, last time I ran into this problem (Bad TCO) Thermal Cut Off is part of the wire harness and not listed in the parts breakdown.  It looks like a small thermostat attached to the bottom of the tub but there is a small reset button on it.  When it's cool you can push in the reset button and it will work if that is what is wrong as your repairman said.