Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: drum seal kenmore  (Read 144 times)

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
drum seal kenmore
« on: October 23, 2020, 09:57:53 AM »

Kenmore 11073086622  about 1972 vintage

How do I determine if the rear drum seal is worn out?  I am not sure how it looks when new.   
Also I assume it would be wise to replace the seal at lint trap oval and where the blower fan motor is in the back of the dryer.  Can household foam weather stripping work?  Or is the foam special?

Thanks
ron3033
 :thanks:

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: drum seal kenmore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 06:13:27 PM »
If you have it apart the seal is usually  one of the least areas of air leakage past the drum but sometimes they do get worn  and/or torn from many years of use. A decent seal will show some signs of wear but if it is in one piece is can be used. I dont have any pictures to share right now. The seal in the other two areas can be replaced with foam type seal but it would have to be put in  in pieces and possbly cemented in place with rubber cement.

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Re: drum seal kenmore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 06:46:08 PM »
Thank You
The drum seal seemed okay, though I did not look carefully at it as I was doing a good cleaning of any lint that traps in the nooks and crannys, that is when I noticed the lint trap oval  with a piece hanging (which I reglued for now) and no seal at the blower fan, just a mark where it may have been.

guess I will get some weather strip and do tese two spots.

Thanks