Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Sam Sung Dw model dw80f600uts/ac  (Read 415 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Sam Sung Dw model dw80f600uts/ac
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:32:26 AM »

This Dw has the smart auto and the normal lites blinking. One Sam Sung post says it is temperature too high. Another Samsung post says the drain pump circuit is defective. I checked the drain pump, it Drains OK. Since there are two interpretations, I was thinking about replacing the thermistor and the water level case breaker. What do you guys think?

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Sam Sung Dw model dw80f600uts/ac
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:29:04 AM »
I went back with a new breaker with water measurement wheel.. Also the water temp thermistor. Now there is no more normal and smart auto lites blinking. But for any cycle, water comes in, washed only 5 seconds, then drained away all the water. New water comes in again, washed for 5 seconds again, drained out. Then filled again repeatedly. Nothing I can do to make it wash longer. So it's still not fixes. I am thinking I Ishould replace the main control board. There is no more fault codes now.

Offline UTRelectrical

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
Hey Shillion, I had a very similar problem in the same model of Samsung dishwasher... no error codes or lights either. The problem turned out to be that someone before me had replaced the ECS thermistor with the wrong part.

Apparently there are two ECS thermistors out there for this series of dishwashers; one has three wires coming out of it, the other one has four wires (the dishwasher has 4 on itís harness). The wrong three-wire ECS caused an endless fill, drain, fill, drain loop in mine. The correct 4-wire ECS made everything normal again.

You were probably hoping for some help a few weeks ago, but I hope that helps now.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 06:42:22 PM »
Had the same issue a while back, replaced the case brake & sensor (both parts hook together on the left side of the tub).  Took care of the problem and worked OK after that.

Offline UTRelectrical

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 09:02:07 AM »
Ya, the overfill sensor in the case break can be overly sensitive and falsely trip on initial motor surge, but in my experience it simply drains the machine until it is powered down. Iíve also found that if I out a little RTV sealant on the overfill sensor wire penetration holes going into the case break, that it often solves the problem (by creating a bit of a high pressure air pocket so the water surge doesnít trip the sensor). Hope that helps someone too.

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 09:22:56 AM »
That's great help, thank you very much. Will go back to check it very carefully.