Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE convection oven won't stay on  (Read 53 times)

Offline Jocelynranches

• VIP Member
GE convection oven won't stay on
« on: October 16, 2020, 12:42:28 AM »

Hi,
New here.
I have a GE convection oven, JCB840SF1SS.

Here's my issue:
Top burners work fine.

Issue is with oven. I choose convection bake; input temp setting; press start.
I hear the fan turn on but only stays on for 3 or 4 seconds. Temperature doesn't rise on the readout higher than 220. A few minutes later oven turns off as if I pressed the stop button.
So, I try regular oven settings. Press bake; and input temperature; and I press start. Oven temperature slowly slowly rises to somewhere around 200. 2 minutes later shuts off as if I pressed to stop button. I opened the door and the amount of heat that comes out in my face feels higher than 400. 

Timer works, clock set works, oven light works, warming drawer works, and all top burners work great.

I open up the back to check fuses but I cannot see any. Possible relays are stuck? Does this unit have relays?  Could it be the temperature sensor in the oven?  Could it be the entire control board behind the display?  Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks!