Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG LRG4113ST Oven lights then shuts off. Please help!!  (Read 153 times)

Offline jep5019

• VIP Member
LG LRG4113ST Oven lights then shuts off. Please help!!
« on: October 04, 2020, 06:59:56 PM »

Hi,

I have an issue with a brand new gas range that LG has been zero help trying to fix.  It is a gas oven and gas cooktop model.  I have the factory service manual and it hasn't been much help other than saying to replace the main board which their technicians already did.  Problem description:

Oven set to a bake mode (Bake or Convection Bake) and default temperature setting and Start selected
Oven igniter comes on, gas valve starts flow, burner lights
Oven chimes with error and throws an F7 code (Convection fan not working)
Oven Igniter and gas valve shut off
Fan shuts off

Things I've Noticed:
The temperature sensor is working and starts climbing as it starts to heat.
The igniter stays on even after it lights until the error code occurs.  Is this normal?
Also, I can see the fan working from both inside the oven and on the back of the oven.
looked up the F7 code in service manual and checked resistance of the High/Low fan motor - checked 25 and 31 ohms (normal)
Also checked the resistance of the relays which are infinite when not energized (normal)

Any ideas??  One thing I've noted is it looks like the gas pressure to the main oven burner seems high when the gas valve is completely open, due to the flames "jumping" and being pushed away from the orfices in the tube a little.  I did reduce the gas volume by partially closing the valve and trying to turn it on but same result.  Also of note - The broil function and stovetop burners work ok.

Thank you for any help!!

Jon

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG LRG4113ST Oven lights then shuts off. Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:24:22 PM »
Did you buy a Natural Gas Oven or possibly they shipped you a Propane Gas Oven?? Double check first!!

Offline jep5019

• VIP Member
Re: LG LRG4113ST Oven lights then shuts off. Please help!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
How will I be able to tell a difference? Is there anything on the gas regulator that would indicate it isn't natural gas designed?  The top burners did seem to have a large output on high with all 5 lit.

Jon P