Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Water Filter Stuck  (Read 87 times)

Offline pharbach

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Water Filter Stuck
« on: October 01, 2020, 10:14:47 PM »

My Whirlpool side by side fridge model number WRS325FDAM02 has a stuck water filter.

After opening the access door, the filter should pop out a bit, i guess, in order to pull it out for replacement.

But it doesn't.

This model has no button to push, but an access door at the bottom left of the fridge. The filter should, according to Whirlpool, just pop out when the door is opened right-to-left.

Tried pliers on the end of the filter, but the end of the filter is rounded and gripping it from the end is impossible.

Removed lower grating to see if that help with access, but it doesn't.

Water filter hasn't been changed in 5 years! LOL...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool Water Filter Stuck
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
Your water filter pulls straight out with no twisting required.  Another last ditch method to remove filter EDR1RXD1 is:
1.  Turn off water to refrigerator
2.  Drill a 3/16" hole in the end of the filter and install a 1/4"x2" lag bolt part way into the end of the filter -- now you have something to grab
3.  Pull