Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Profile Fridge - PFS22SISBSS - No Cold / Compressor wont start  (Read 92 times)

Offline shas595

• VIP Member
GE Profile Fridge - PFS22SISBSS - No Cold / Compressor wont start
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »

Hello all!
This forum has been great for helping me with some fixes over the years - but now I am just stuck on new issues
I woke up on morning to find the fridge and freezer were warm - had to toss everything inside.

I noticed the fans were working, air was blowing. The coils were dry and the fan was working next to the coils.

I looked inside and the temp displays (3 digits each) displayed 555 555 - which I guess is part of the diagnostic mode. I don't know how it entered that mode.
After checking all over - I thought it was the main board (WR55X10656) so i purchased a new one, but I have the same issue.
I can scroll thought the different diagnostic modes but i can never get it to exit. It does react some what; if I go to 000 then it clicks off and is flashing. If I go up to 555 555 i can hear the relays click and the compressor humms, but not like it normally would. It seems like the main board is ok, but what's odd is I cannot get it back to normal operation, I tried setting it to 111 555 / 111 666 as I saw online, but it never exits. I tried unplugging for 30secons, 5 min, 10 min, overnight, nothing changes.

I am really puzzled at this one. Any advice on this issue? I have a new start relay and cap for he compressor coming in; if that doesn't work then I'm really lost!
Thanks!
John

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: GE Profile Fridge - PFS22SISBSS - No Cold / Compressor wont start
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 04:15:03 PM »
Main electronic control board for your refrigerator is WR55X10942P.  User interface board is WR55X10522.  From what you describe I'm suspicious of the user interface board.

When I troubleshoot a non-working appliance, often I start right a the thing not working.  In your case I'd start right at the compressor.  Pull the wires off the compressor start relay and use a test wire to power compressor directly.  FYI, my test wire is a extension cord with a male plug at one end and alligator clips instead of a female end.  Attach the alligator clips directly to the compressor start relay and plug it in.  Compressor should immediately start.  Leave compressor running for 5 minutes and output pipe of compressor should get warm.  This will establish if compressor is good.