Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF263BEASR/AA  (Read 139 times)

Offline rodey

• VIP Member
Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF263BEASR/AA
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:22:01 AM »

Fridge is noisy when running, sounds like a prop plane taking off. Fan motor quits as soon as you open the door and is quiet. Issue appeared quickly, not a gradually worsening problem.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF263BEASR/AA
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »
It is likely that your refrigerator section defrost drain is blocked, causing defrost water to build up behind the backpanel in the refrig section so high that the ice hits the evaporator fan. 

To repair, you'll need to remove the back panel and unblock the defrost drain.  Unplug appliance and open refrig doors for at least 45 minutes before attempting to remove refrig section backpanel.  It will be "iced" in place and is difficult to remove.  Use a handheld steamer to thaw ice as you attempt to pull out the backpanel.  Be careful -- it's easy to damage the styrofoam behind the backpanel.  After you get panel loose, unplug fan and sensor wires and remove.  Now continue thawing all the ice build-up and make sure water flows down the drain at the bottom of the evaporator (cooling tubes).  The backpanel will likely also have ice build-up around the evap fan.  Remove 4 screws to access the fan and melt the ice.

To prevent defrost drain from clogging again, take a 2" long piece of #12 or #14 copper wire and bend a 1/4" diameter loop in one end.  Stick the copper wire down the defrost drain and attach loop to defrost heater.  Use needle nose pliers to tighten loop onto the defrost heater.

Offline rodey

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF263BEASR/AA
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
Thank you for the help, sounds like a big job! The rubbing has now quit and there is no noise. I think I will hold off for a bit and see what happens. Does the fact that the noise has gone away as fast as it came change your diagnosis?. No matter what is wrong, it sounds like the back panel will have to come out in order to investigate.