Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 41798042701 intermittent heating failure  (Read 180 times)

Offline hatrabbit

• VIP Member
Kenmore 41798042701 intermittent heating failure
« on: September 29, 2020, 07:21:08 AM »

In my Kenmore 41798042701, the first heat cycle works normally. Then when it tries to ignite again the heat relay in the main board starts clicking on and off, and the gas valve solenoids do too. I was able to bypass the high limit thermostat and the thermal limiter as it was doing the problem, with no change. Someone suggested I try a new set of solenoids, but that didn't change anything. I'm thinking that since the relay in the main control board is clicking on and off, and it's not the high limit 'stat or the thermal limiter, wouldn't the problem be a bad board? Or could the flame sensor somehow cause these symptoms?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kenmore 41798042701 intermittent heating failure
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:48:11 PM »
The burner ignition cycle begins when the burner gets 120 Volts.  Connect an electrical meter to the burner and you'll see 120V when the burner is on.  Leave meter on burner and let dryer run.  If electronic control board is bad the meter will show inconsistent voltage to the burner.  If 120V to burner is constant then burner valve itself is bad.