Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool 12-volt evaporator fan motor, How do I check it out?  (Read 166 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Whirlpool 12-volt evaporator fan motor, How do I check it out?
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »

Hello, does anyone know how to check out a whirlpool 12-volt evaporator fan motor W11032800?  This motor has 3 wires, white, red & blue.  I have a 12-volt power supply in my truck but don't know what 2 wires would run the motor.  I tried different combinations but the motor will not run.  I think the motor is faulty but thought of asking if anyone knew how to check it out.  Should I be able to ohm it out with my meter?  I ordered a new one just in case.  Please let me know, if you can.  Thanks!  (Why can't I find any tech paperwork on this refrigerator?  I looked under the grill, and in the back)  Do they not include it any longer or am I just not looking in the right place???

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool 12-volt evaporator fan motor, How do I check it out?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
Well I replaced the freezer evaporator fan motor kit today (it included the defrost thermostat and sensor).  It still did not work.  I put the refrigerator into the diagnostics mode and could not get the freezer fan to run.  Checked for 14 VDC on the main board and did not get it.  So I am going to replace the main board W10843055 and I'll let you know how I make out.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool 12-volt evaporator fan motor, How do I check it out?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »
Well if anyone cares,  I replaced the main board (that also contains the power supply).  Guess What?  It still did not work.  Everything works but the freezer fan motor.  So I took out my new parts, reinstalled her old parts (freezer fan motor kit & main control board) and told her she will have to call Frigidaire factory service because I do not know what else to do.  Sometimes I think I should just not repair any newer refrigerators.  Who knows what I'll do in the future!