Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE psds5ygxcfss  (Read 86 times)

Offline Plummit

• VIP Member
GE psds5ygxcfss
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:08:09 PM »

Hello, I need help diagnosing my fridge.  Some time ago we discovered that there was condensate forming on the fresh food side of the wall against the freezer.  We also noticed that the temp in the fresh food side wasn't very cold, but the freezer was fine. Setting the controls I was able to set the fresh food side to 34 but it never got colder than 45.

I unplugged the fridge overnight  and when I plug it back in I hear the evap fan motor run and the condenser fan motor was verified as running.  I also hear the compressor running and it all sounds normal.  I'm going to let it sit for one more day (unplugged) and test it. 

Any help on diagnostics would be appreciated.  The control panel indicated the fresh food side temp and the set temp, so I believe the thermister is working correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

-Marc