Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen AWN412SP111TW01 - Tub Flange Bent Badly  (Read 76 times)

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Speed Queen AWN412SP111TW01 - Tub Flange Bent Badly
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:28:49 AM »

Working on a Speed Queen Washer - customer complaining about leak from tub - this was taken apart from what i hear by "An Authorized Speed Queen Technician" Highly doubt it - but customer said the technician hit a wall. When I got there the basket and hub was removed along with the tub seal and all parts left inside the washer. Got the washer back at the shop and did a little research - Tub Seal is no longer available from appliance parts store - found the seal kit on the Web so i ordered it. When I pulled the entire tub from the machine and removed the transmission I exposed the seal and bearing from bottom of tub - the inner seal was already removed when I notice the inner tub FLANGE WAS BADLY BENT from the technician when he removed the Inner Tub Seal - Tub Flange that is built into the tub has about a 1/4" steel lip wall surrounding the Inner Seal which is totally screwed up and BENT from technician when he removed the seal with screw driver or pry tool.

I saw multiple videos and the kit has a spacing washer ring for the transmission that mounts on transmission shaft they say to install spacing ring prior to mounting transmission. If I install the spacing ring onto the transmission as instructed to do so by instructions the transmission will not sit flush onto the frame to mount the bolts. So I installed it without it. The Flange Wall is so badly bent I'm afraid this seal will leak ($90. for seal kit) - so my questions is would it hurt to apply sealant to the inner wall of the Flange wall or will that screw up the inner seal? Afraid it will leak because seal Flange wall is so jacked up - I tried to straighten up the wall and bend up right? What are your thoughts??