Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung electric dryer Moedl DV400EWHDWR/AA with s/nY69J5AUF50532BX  (Read 162 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician

I was given the above model dryer for possible repair as it will not run properly.  It is very clean insie and out. It will start up and rotate the drum OK but will not heat and kicks off the power after about 8 seconds. The motor gets pretty warm in this short time but turns freely. The heater is OK and all thermostats are OK. The panel displays En. After the motor cools down I can repeat the start process but it does the same thing. Any suggestions from you guys  for further ideas to fix this unit ? Seems like a nice unit and almost too good to scrap. The model number is correct but the s/n may be in error as the print is very small. Help !!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Samsung electric dryer Moedl DV400EWHDWR/AA with s/nY69J5AUF50532BX
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
In further work on this dryer I found the centrifigal switch had a problem in that two contacts inside had been arcing and occasionally sticking together. This switch was taken off the motor and the cover taken off it. The contacts in question were cleaned up using a nail file and reassembled on to the motor. This fixed the problem although I would like to get a new switch assembly it does not appear to be available to buy . If anyone can tell me where to buy this switch I would appreciate it.

Offline Mayolito

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 09:33:07 PM »
Are you looking for this (please see picture)

Offline Mayolito

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 11:13:20 PM »
Look at ebay 162961710377 Centrifugal Switch Brackets