Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator Ice Maker  (Read 85 times)

Offline PDXGuy2020

• VIP Member
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator Ice Maker
« on: September 23, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »

Frigedair Gallery Type not Making Ice
Model: FFHB2740PS4
Serries: 4A41507384
Ice Maker: JBND-26

The back of the unit was rusting which apparently is a common problem.  So I decided to follow a you tube video and attempt to fix it.
-   Ordered Electrolux  5303918737 which is the replacement gasket kit
-   Electrolux 5304510029 Prepack 4 Air Hand 8784  is what came in.  Appears to be a new/improved cover assembly for the evaporator fan, condenser and heater assembly.  With a much-improved gasket at the back of the cover.  attached is an image of the old and new cover assembly prior to transferring everything over.

Thus, I fully replaced the old plastic cover and metal cover with this new integrated assembly.  To do so I transferred the evaporator fan, auger motor and solenoid coil, and the little plastic prong thing to the new “cover”.

Everything went fine fairly easy to do. 
Ice-Maker worked for about 2 days.
Now it is not making any ice.  Doesn’t fill the tray with water.  Water can flow to the tray I've manually done so using code/function 55.

I’ve run through all of the test codes via the front display:  63, 58, 57, 55, 52.   All of which work fine and return the expected results.   I further tested  28, 46,2, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15, 20, 22, 26, 29, 30, 33, 34, 39, 45.   All of which seem to produce the correct result.

When I run code 55, water fills the ice tray.   After about 1-2 hours, the ice tray dumps, however the water is not frozen and the ice try is not refilled with water.    If left in the ice-bucket the water will freeze along the bottom.

I am out of ideas on how to trouble shoot and correct the issue.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance