Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Top Loader will not start cycle  (Read 173 times)

Offline dkinchi

• VIP Member
Samsung Top Loader will not start cycle
« on: September 20, 2020, 11:24:20 PM »

Samsung WA50F9A7DSW/A2 powers up, lets you choose cycle, hit start and nothing happens.

Lid doesn't lock and timer doesn't move, no fill, nothing.

Lid lock, and motherboard / control panel have been replaced, same issue.

Could the water inlet valve be the issue? Not sure where to go next at this point  ???

Thanks for any help!  :cheers:

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung Top Loader will not start cycle
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 07:18:36 AM »
Absolutely,

take a test cord (extension cord) with the (receptacle end) cut off and splice or crimp two spade connectors on each end. Remove the back of console - unplug washer and remove each end of the wire on each of the solenoid valves (I think there is 3 solenoids sets on this washer) and one by one set jump each solenoid set out - connect spade connector on each set individually then plug the test cord into the wall you should have water running into the machine if NOT you have a bad inlet valve. Let us know what you find - I replaced one of these for my neighbor about a 3 weeks ago. The Cold Valve had 3 mixing valves!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 07:19:52 AM by Blaiser »

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal