Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung water wall help please  (Read 273 times)

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
Samsung water wall help please
« on: September 20, 2020, 11:28:51 AM »

Hey everybody.
   I just got a new Samsung waterfall dishwasher off of marketplace.  They said it was throwing an e7 code. I looked around on you tube and saw where a guy replaced the magnet on the water fall arm.  I get mine home and the bottom of my arm is not the same and doesn't look like there was ever a place for a magnet.  So I was gonna do some research but I don't see a sticker anywhere on it that shows the serial number or the model number.  Anybody have any hidden places where Samsung puts there serial numbers?  I've had the front cover off and the bottom cover and haven't seen anything.  No sticker on the inside of the door jamb, door or anywhere else they usually have them.  Please help.  Thanks in advance

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: Samsung water wall help please
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »
If there's no sticker, the unit was field-scrapped because of an un-repairable problem and should actually have been destroyed.

Nobody should have sold it.

If I were you, I'd be trying to get my money back.

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 03:29:19 PM »
Well don't that just suck balls.  What do you think the chances are they had a lazy tech working on it that didn't want to get to much into it? I tend to believe you because this lady lied and said it was three years old and I saw a sticker on the pcb that said 2014.  The owners manual showed three different models on the front page and after reading it, I compared pics of the controls on top and saw it is the lowest number of the three that the manual covers.  I doubt there is any chance of getting any money back from this lady she was kind of hateful most of the way through the transaction. She says its never been apart and said as soon as it threw the code, she bought another one she liked this so well. However she wrote some notes on the back page of the manual like she had talked to them in feb and may of this year.  She also claims that she has talked to Samsung and they believe the code is correct and it just needs a new motor. Only thing is, the motor moves the water wall back and forth so idk.

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:55:59 PM »
I took the waterfall motor apart and I fixed the broken plastic piece in there, wish me luck.

Offline Dockterpepper

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:03:17 PM »
Never worked on a waterwall dishwasher before so I wasn't sure how loud the motor should be.  I didn't think it sounded right but wasn't sure. I took the motor apart and there was a plastic piece molded inside the magnet that rotates in the windings.  it was broke and I epoxied it back together and its working fine now.  Just for the record I meant no disrespect for any techs out there in my last post when I asked about the possibility of a lazy tech working on it.  I'm sure we can all think of at least one guy that comes to mind on a deal like that where you can say yeah, I bet that was (whoever