Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: KRMF706ESS  (Read 194 times)

Offline bridgetalaniz

• VIP Member
KRMF706ESS
« on: September 18, 2020, 03:17:30 PM »

Bought a second hand fridge, and quickly am regretting it.   I have paid 3 techs to come here and am getting the run around.   Hopefully I can get some help here.

The symptom is the fridge is only around 10-11 degrees (50-52 F).  it doesnt go higher than that or lower than that... unless of course we keep the doors open, but once the doors are shut it goes back to 10-11 degrees. 3rd Tech came and said its the evaporator fan, and replaced it, however the new fan is also not working.  He then said it was the control board, and replaced that, but the fan still is not turning on when the fridge door is closed.   New fan is not running, and fridge is warm.   Freezer is perfect.  There is some frost where the evaporator fan is located, because the air is not being circulated.

Any suggestions on things I can test would be extremly helpful.  I am tired of techs taking my money and not helping me.

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: KRMF706ESS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 07:14:12 PM »
Your refrigerator has two evaporators (cooling coils) and two different evaporator fans.  Which fan was replaced?  Same goes for the boards; there's a number of them.  Which was replaced?  WPW10675033 control board is what turns the evap fans on and off.

Offline bridgetalaniz

• VIP Member
Re: KRMF706ESS
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »
I will provide more information to narrow it down.

The fan is the one in the fridge, (W10799015B) the fan in the freezer and ice maker are working perfect.
The control board that was replaced is the one you mentioned (WPW10675033 )

I did a diagnostic yesterday and everything passed and was successful except for the fridge fan.  It did not turn on.
Switches on the door are working because when pressed (or doors closed) it triggers the ice maker fan to turn on, it also passed the diagnositc.

Freezer is working, water dispenser, ice maker, LED ligts, and left drawer.

I can hear the compressor turning on.

there is frost near the fan and along the wires but when you leave the fridge door open it melts it a bit.  The frost doesnt touch the fan.

I can spin the fan manually.

Its like the fan is not getting power.   Is there a way I test the connectivity? I have a multimeter, but do not know how to use it.