Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WED94HEXR  (Read 73 times)

Offline b_mckendry

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WED94HEXR
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:50:13 PM »

This dryer is not starting. Everything on the control panel works and I can toggle through all of the modes. When I push and hold in start, I can hear the relay click but then nothing happens.  I replaced the the thermal fuse today and that didnít change anything. I noticed that the lint filter housing is pretty warped looking like he lint filter was never cleaned. I also noticed that the housing has a sensor connected to it. Is it possible that this sensor is bad? Any other suggestions?

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool WED94HEXR
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »
Your dryer has a broken belt switch.  If belt is broken it won't start.  If belt is not broken but tensioner pulley has fallen off, dryer will not start. 

If the belt or tensioner is not the problem, another possibility is that the electronic control board has gone bad.  Remove it from the dryer and take it out of the plastic case.  Often you'll see a burnt terminal on relay.  Clean it and resolder it to the board.