Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Refrigerator Model 795.73165.610  (Read 89 times)

Offline TEC

• VIP Member
Kenmore Refrigerator Model 795.73165.610
« on: September 12, 2020, 07:45:15 PM »

The Linear Compressor on my Kenmore refrigerator, Model 795.73165.610, has failed, and according to my manual is still under the 10 year warranty for the compressor, but not the installation. I called a local repair company who trouble shot the problem and told me the compressor is no good. I contacted Sears and was told I would have to have it trouble shot by their technicians and installed by them.

The compressor is manufactured by LG and after some research online I saw that LG has a class action suit against them for the high amount of compressor failures they've been experiencing. Has anyone had any experience with compressor failure on a Kenmore refrigerator, and have you had it replaced by anyone other than Sears, and has anyone dealt with LG regarding this issue?  :thanks:

Offline Dash

• Technician
Re: Kenmore Refrigerator Model 795.73165.610
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 07:32:06 PM »
Your refrigerator was manufactured by LG.  I've been an appliance service tech for 41 years and I don't recall ever seeing such a high rate of compressor failure as LG has.  Replacing a compressor on any refrigerator is expensive.  Either have it done in warranty or shop for a new refrigerator -- anything except LG.  FYI the "795" at the beginning of your model number signifies that it was built by LG.  Most Kenmore refrigerators are decent except those models that begin with "795."