Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE in-door Ice Maker Reset?  (Read 115 times)

Offline FiguringItOut

• Technician
GE in-door Ice Maker Reset?
« on: August 31, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »

Hey Folks,
I went on a call to a lady's house and her GE fridge (GFE28HSHDSS) needed a evap fan in the fridge compartment. I replaced the fan and now, 4 days later she is calling saying that the ice maker (WR49X31524) hasn't made any ice since the day I changed the fan. Anyone know how to reset this ice maker?  I have no reason to doubt her, but I also didn't full with the ice maker or the board.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!

Offline FiguringItOut

• Technician
Re: GE in-door Ice Maker Reset?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »
I talked to the customer again. She now says that there is no ice or water coming out of the fridge. The original complaint didn't mention any problems with the ice or water and I didn't check on them. I don't think that changing the fan had anything to do with it. I am heading back out there tomorrow to check the water line and the valves. I may be getting played by these people i.e. they had a problem and are trying to blame my work.

Offline FiguringItOut

• Technician
Re: GE in-door Ice Maker Reset?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »
I returned to the customers house this morning. I checked that the water line was turned on under the sink. Then I checked to make sure that water was coming to the filter. It was. Then I checked to see if the water was leaving the filter. It wasn't! I checked the filter and I don't know how it happened but the filter was in backwards. I put the filter in the correct way, and bingo, water at the dispenser.  So hopefully, the problem is solved!